The Benefits Of Crowns And Bridges
Patients who need a solution for broken, badly discolored or missing teeth often find it in crowns and bridges. Dr. Laurie Mulka offers these popular restorative treatments to patients at her Redford, MI family dentistry office. Learn about the benefits of getting crowns and bridges, and how they can help give you back confidence in your smile.
About Crowns and Bridges
A dental crown covers the surface of a tooth, fortifying it and improving its appearance. Also, just as a bridge connects two bodies of land, a dental bridge connects three or more teeth. It’s made up of two crowns and a false tooth at the center to fill in the space created by a missing tooth. Crowns and bridges are two of the most common dental procedures in America—the American Academy of Implant Dentistry estimates that 15 million Americans have them.
Dental Issues Fixed by Crowns and Bridges
No matter the dental issue you’re having, there’s a good chance that a crown or bridge could be a viable solution. Here is a list of just a few problems that can be fixed with crowns and bridges:
- Tooth infections that have been treated with a root canal.
- Intrinsic tooth staining caused by medication or injury.
- A cracked tooth.
- One or two adjacent missing teeth.
Crowns are also used to cover dental implants.
Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
Here are the benefits that you can look forward to when you get crowns and bridges at Dr. Mulka’s Redford family dentistry office:
- A relatively fast procedure (tooth adjustments and impressions will be taken at the first visit, and the bonding procedure will be completed at the second visit).
- A secure, perfectly sculpted dental restoration that matches the rest of your teeth.
- More comfort when eating and more confidence when smiling.
- Results that last for 15 or more years.
Consult a Dentist
Crowns and bridges help give dental patients a new, improved smile that's strong and beautiful. Call (313) 937-1520 today to discuss restorative solutions with Dr. Mulka at her Redford, MI family dentistry office.