Dental implants are versatile replacement teeth with several benefits over other tooth replacement options. Dr. Laurie Mulka of Mulka Dental in Livonia, MI, also serving Redford, MI, can help you complete your smile with dental implants.
Dental Implants Look Natural
Their construction and installation process make dental implants almost identical to your natural teeth. They are pretty versatile. So, whether you're replacing a single tooth or several teeth, you can be comfortable knowing that people won't know that these aren't your natural teeth when you smile or speak.
Dental Implants Are Secure
Have you ever seen someone's dentures fall out while they're eating or speaking?
Dental implants can save you from ever experiencing that embarrassing situation. To install your dental implants, your dentist, Dr. Mulka, will insert a titanium post into your jaw bone which secures the implant.
Titanium is excellent because it's biocompatible and you don't have to worry about your body rejecting your implant.
They Stimulate Your Jaw
When you lose teeth, your jaw bone loses stimulation. Other teeth replacement options like dental bridges and dentures don't stimulate your jaw bone as your natural teeth did. Over time, the jaw bone begins to erode which could affect your face structure resulting in facial sagging.
Dental implants with their roots fixed to your jaw stimulate it as your natural teeth did. This stimulation helps prevent bone loss and encourages natural bone growth.
They Can Last a Lifetime
Once you get your dental implants, they are typically hassle-free. You might need to replace the teeth caps when they chip or every 15 years. Otherwise, they can last for a lifetime.
This benefit places dental implants over other tooth replacement options such as dentures and dental bridges that need replacing after 10 to 15 years of use.
You can care for dental implants like you do your natural teeth. Brush and floss regularly for healthy teeth and gums. Visiting Mulka Dental in Livonia, MI, also serving Redford, MI, every six months to check on your natural teeth and implants should be part of your dental routine.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of dental implants for your oral health, contact your Livonia, MI, dentist, Dr. Mulka of Mulka Dental also serving Redford, MI, at (248) 482-7020 to set up an appointment.
The Importance Of Preventive Care Visits.
If you can't quite remember the last time you saw your dentist, or you did so because of a last-minute dental problem, it may be time to consider making time for preventive care visits. Most major dental health concerns can be prevented if caught early enough, and that starts with regular dental checkups. To learn more get in contact with your Livonia, MI, family dentist Dr. Laurie Mulka of Mulka Dental.
Preventive care is about providing treatments today that will help prevent more invasive, and often more costly, treatments in the future.
For example, if your dentist can spot and fill a cavity early you can avoid a root canal procedure later on. Or even a possible extraction if the decay is allowed to progress.
Situations like this typically occur when we wait to see our dentist only until discomfort brings us back into the office. Pain, however, is usually an indicator that something has already gone wrong. This is why regular visits are important so that dental problems won't catch us by surprise, and they aren't limited to decay. Your doctor also examines your bite, your gum health, and other areas of concern.
Important also to preventive care is dental hygiene. Much of it begins at home with daily brushing and flossing, but your good dental habits should include a professional cleaning.
These are generally part of your preventive care visits. They can help remove built-up plaque and tartar and work in tandem with all the work you do at home.
Plaque builds daily on our teeth and the bacteria that call it home are responsible for decay and gum disease. The acids they produce as a result of feasting on the sugars we consume wears away the enamel on our teeth and damages our gums. Because of the minerals in our saliva, the plaque that remains turns into tartar, which can only be removed during a cleaning in your dentist's office.
Preventive Care Visits in Livonia, MI
Don't wait another minute, make your dental health a priority by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Mulka of Mulka Dental in Livonia, MI, by dialing (248) 482-7020.
Stop hiding your smile. Gaps in your smile can be embarrassing, but there is a solution. Embrace a new smile with partials or specialty dentures. Dr. Laurie Mulka offers these and more at Mulka Dental in Livonia, MI.
What is a partial denture?
Partial dentures are orthodontics that fills gaps in the mouth and has metal apertures that adhere to the mouth. This kind of denture is beneficial because:
- It can restore your smile without surgery or other invasive methods.
- They are affordable
- Installation of partials help to discourage any movement of existing natural teeth
- Partial dentures are removable and comfortable.
What is a specialty denture?
Specialty dentures are to fit the shape of your mouth. Your dentist will create a mold from your mouth, and from this mold, fashion dentures to accommodate you. The benefits of this kind of denture are:
- Fitting your mouth perfectly -- if you would prefer a better fit or have structural differences that call for a more exact accommodation.
- Increased ease of chewing
Once your dentist installs your dentures, your dentist will explain how to care for them. Here are some tips to remember:
- Store your dentures in water to keep them moist and to keep the shape intact.
- Brush your teeth with a denture cleaner, toothpaste, or mild soap.
What can I expect after getting partials or specialty dentures?
Sometimes partials or specialty dentures can be uncomfortable in the mouth, but after a little while, they will feel natural. It may be challenging to chew your food at first. If you have difficulty with your dentures, talk with your dentist about getting refitted or using a different technique to make sure they work for you.
A bright, even smile is available to you at Mulka dental in Livonia, MI. Call Dr. Mulka at (248) 482-7020 to get more information about partial and specialty dentures and set up an appointment.
It’s never too late. Here’s how we can help you get your dream smile.
Are you interested in getting cosmetic dentistry here in Livonia, MI? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Our advanced cosmetic dentist Dr. Laurie Mulka and her expert dental team can help craft the smile you’ve always wanted. Here are some of the cosmetic dentistry services we offer our patients,
- Teeth whitening (both in-office and at-home systems): get teeth multiple shades whiter in under an hour (chairside whitening) or in a week (our at-home system)
- Cosmetic bonding: hide small chips, stains and gaps between teeth with this tooth-colored bonding resin
- Gum and tooth reshaping or contouring: lengthen or reshape one or more teeth, as well as excess gum tissue, for a more symmetrical smile
- Dental veneers: completely alter the color, shape, size and alignment of your teeth with these tooth-colored porcelain layers that are bonded directly to the front of your teeth
- Dental implants: replace missing teeth with an artificial tooth that is close as you can come to the real thing (it looks, feels and acts just like a real tooth)
- Invisalign: straighten your smile with a nearly invisible set of clear, custom-made aligners that help to shift teeth into the proper position
- Smile makeovers: if you’re dealing with several cosmetic dental issues you could benefit from combining multiple treatments to help you achieve your dream smile
The type of cosmetic dentistry that’s right for you will depend on several factors that our Livonia, MI, dental team can discuss with you during your initial consultation. Some questions to ask yourself include,
- Do I want a whiter smile?
- Do I want to alter the shape or size of my teeth?
- Do I want to fix a misaligned smile or crooked teeth?
- What cosmetic flaws do I wish to fix?
- What would my dream smile look like?
- What kind of procedure am I willing to undergo to get the results I want?
- Am I okay with coming into the office several times in order to get results or do I want quick results in just a single appointment?
- How severe or minor are the flaws that I’m looking to correct?
- How quickly do I want results?
- How much am I willing to spend on the perfect smile?
If you want a new and improved smile the next step is to sit down with our Livonia, MI, dentists to find out what cosmetic dentistry treatment will fit your needs. Call Mulka Dental at (248) 482-7020.
Having a bright smile signifies health and beauty. People do what they can to get the perfect pearly white teeth, but sometimes they can't do it on their own. Over-the-counter products help but you can get optimum results by having teeth professionally whitened with Dr. Laurie Mulka of Mulka Dental at her Livonia MI office.
More About Teeth Whitening
People are choosing to whiten teeth with their family dentist. Here are a few ways to eliminate discoloration:
- Use over-the-counter teeth-whitening products, like toothpaste, to effectively remove mild stains. Teeth whitening products make teeth a few shades brighter but some of these products contain abrasive substances on tooth enamel.
- In-office bleaching agents remove brownish or grayish stains and brighten teeth several shades. Dr. Mulka uses a retractor to pull away lips and covers gums to prevent bleaching material from touching soft tissue. The procedure takes about one hour and you're good to go.
- You can also use take-home kits provided by your Livonia MI family dentist. She has custom trays made, provides bleaching materials that are poured into the tray and worn over teeth to remove stains.
What stains teeth?
Discolored teeth are a result of several issues:
- Tobacco and smoking could stain teeth
- White enamel deteriorates, exposing yellow dentin
- Some medications that contain tetracycline and doxycycline
- Certain foods and beverages, like blueberries and coffee, yellow teeth
How to Maintain Teeth
Brushing and flossing your teeth is essential to keeping teeth white and clean. Often people neglect proper oral care and end up with plaque and tartar buildup that stains teeth or causes other issues like gum disease or cavities. Make sure you brush, floss, use mouthwash and avoid sugary foods and beverages.
Do you need to speak to your family dentist?
If you'd like to learn more about cosmetic teeth whitening treatments, contact Dr. Laurie Mulka of Mulka Dental at her Livonia MI office by calling (248) 482-7020.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.